TERMS & CONDITIONS
Here’s all the small print you need to give you confidence when using hotter.com and making a purchase from the website. We think we’ve got everything covered in our terms and conditions, but if you’ve got any additional questions and queries you can always have a look at our Frequently Asked Questions section or get in contact with us via our Contact Us page. These terms and conditions apply to any use of the hotter.com website and to any purchases made from Hotter (whether via the website or a catalogue) to the exclusion of any other terms, whether written or oral. These terms may not be varied in any way unless both you and we agree in writing to do so. These terms are provided in the English language and any translation of them will not be valid as against the English original. Remember that sometimes we may make changes to our service and systems, if this happens we’ll update these terms and conditions, so make sure that you check them regularly as any changes will be effective to all new orders once included in the text of these terms and conditions and published on the hotter.com website. 'hotter.com', 'Hotter' and 'Hotter Comfort Concept' are trading names of Beaconsfield Footwear Limited, 2 Peel Road, West Pimbo, Skelmersdale, WN8 9PT. Registered in England and Wales 00641365. VAT number 918 434 905. We are a member of the Mailing Preference Service, who you can contact to have your name and address removed or added to members’ mailing lists. Details are available from their website - www.mpsonline.org.uk.
Use of the hotter.com website
We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights contained on the hotter.com website and the material published on it. All such rights, whether registered or not, are reserved to us, which means that you cannot reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the website save for in accordance with these terms or with our prior written permission. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the website for your own personal use only and not for commercial purposes. You must not modify any of the materials that you have printed or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations or photographs separately from any accompanying text. You must always acknowledge our (or our licensors’) status as the owners of the content on the website. You must not misuse the website by:
- Knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful; or
- Attempting to access unauthorised parts of the website, any of its users or the server on which the website is hosted.
Placing an order
You must ensure that when you order any goods from hotter.com they are for your personal and domestic use only and are not for resale. You submit an order when you complete all the required details during the checkout process and click on ‘Place Order Now’. When you submit an order, you will receive a confirmation e-mail as an acknowledgement of your order within one hour. This e-mail does not constitute acceptance of your order by us. Your order is accepted, and the contract between you and us is formed, when we dispatch the goods to you. This contract is not stored by us. You should check the order acknowledgement email carefully for any errors and contact us, using the details given in the email, if you have any questions or concerns. A standard pre-authorisation check will be completed on your credit/debit card when you submit your order to ensure there are sufficient funds to fulfil your order. Your card will then be charged after your items have been selected from our warehouse and dispatched to your preferred delivery address or, for deliveries within the UK only, your chosen Hotter store. We will notify you if we do not accept your order, for example because:
- You have insufficient funds;
- Your ordered goods are not in stock, or are no longer available at the stated price; or
- We have reason to believe that you are going to resell the goods.
We make reasonable efforts to reproduce colours on the hotter.com website as accurately as possible, however colour displays can be different depending on your computer or device settings, so exact colour matches are not possible. This means that the colours of the goods that you order may differ from what you see on screen. If you are not satisfied with the colour of the goods that you have ordered, please refer to our ‘100% Happy Promise’ page or our FAQs to view our returns procedures.
All prices listed on hotter.com are correct at the time the information is placed, however, we reserve the right to change the stated prices at any time up to the point of dispatch of the goods. Where the goods that you have ordered increase in price, we will notify you and you will have the opportunity to cancel or amend your order free-of-charge. Unless otherwise specified, all prices include applicable taxes within the EU. [The actual price charged to your card if you place an order for goods in a currency that is different from that of your credit or debit card shall be subject to exchange rate variations applied by your credit or debit card provider]. Prices do not include delivery costs, which are available to view here. In the UK, there is no charge for delivery to a Hotter store. Please note that orders delivered to addresses outside the EU may incur import duties and/or additional taxes at their destination. Payment for these is the responsibility of the addressee. We recommend that you contact your local customs office for further information.
Promotional Offers are conditional upon purchasing full priced item(s). Offer codes must be quoted at the time of placing the order and cannot be applied retrospectively or used in conjunction with any other offer unless this has been specified separately. Only one offer per transaction can be used. Shoe care products, gift vouchers and discounted products (including sale/clearance/last chance items) are excluded from promotional offers. We reserve the right to cancel and/or amend promotional offers at any time. Offers cannot be exchanged for cash or used as a method of paying any outstanding customer debt. Offers are not redeemable at any independent shoe retailers who stock Hotter shoes. Additional terms and conditions may be applied to promotions, details of which will be included in the offer correspondence. Discount and voucher codes published by third party websites in respect of our goods are issued with standard terms and conditions and our additional Hotter Comfort Concept terms and conditions which will also apply to such discounts and offers. The discount or voucher code can only be used on full priced items, excludes shoe care products, and cannot be used to purchase gift vouchers. Promotional offers may exclude orders or items below a stated value. Discount and voucher codes are not to be used in conjunction with any other offer and may be withdrawn at any time.
Payment can be made using the following payment methods:
- Cheque (for orders made via the catalogue only)
- Credit/debit card (MasterCard, Visa, Visa Debit and Maestro); and
- PayPal (for orders made via the website only).
We will always endeavour to process and deliver your order as quickly as possible, and in any event within 30 days of your order subject to your order being accepted. Please click here for typical delivery time scales. All orders are subject to availability and we reserve the right to refuse any offer or reject any order prior to acceptance. Some product, sizes or colours may only be available whilst stocks last. We make reasonable efforts to ensure that any indication of availability contained on the website is up-to-date and accurate, but do not guarantee this. We will contact you if goods that you have ordered are now unavailable and you may choose different goods or cancel your order. In periods of high demand:
- Certain items marked ‘Available to Order’ may not be available for immediate dispatch. If your item is not available for immediate dispatch, we will contact you by email to advise you of the expected dispatch date. If this date is not acceptable, you may cancel your order.
- Timings may change, please refer to 'Ordering info' page for the latest details.
Cancelling your order - (under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
From the moment you place an order until 14 days after delivery of the goods, you have a statutory right to cancel your order. To do so you should e mail us at email@example.com, or write to us at Hotter Shoes, 2 Peel Road, Skelmersdale, Lancashire, WN8 9PT, United Kingdom. There is a template cancellation form at the end of these terms and conditions which you may use to notify us of the cancellation, but you do not have to use it. Please ensure you provide us with your name, address (including postcode where applicable), details of the goods ordered and your Order ID contained within your order acknowledgement e-mail with your cancellation notice. Following cancellation, you must return the goods to us (if received) unused using the Returns label enclosed with your invoice. You must take reasonable care of the goods until they are returned to us. Once we have received the returned goods, we will refund the price, via the same payment method used to pay for the goods, without delay. Please note that delivery charges are not refundable on a cancellation in the UK unless click and collect was not available for your order. A fee of £2.50 (UK) or 5 € (Republic of Ireland) or 10 € (Rest of EU)will be deducted from your refund to cover the cost of the returns postage to us when using our pre-paid services. Where we believe that you have failed to take reasonable care of the goods while in your possession, such that they have been damaged, we reserve the right to issue only a partial refund.
We are under a legal duty to supply goods that conform with the contract. This means that we guarantee that our products are of satisfactory quality and fit for the purpose for which they are made, when used in accordance with our, or the manufacturer’s, instructions and recommendations. If we supply goods that do not comply with our obligation set out above, you should contact us to discuss your complaint. In such situations you have the following statutory rights:
- At any time within 30 days from delivery, you may reject the goods for a full refund (including delivery charges), in which case you should return the goods to us using the Returns label enclosed with your invoice, or for a free repair or replacement; or
- At any time within six months from delivery, return the goods to us for a partial refund.
100% Happy Promise
In addition to your statutory rights we offer a ‘100% Happy Promise’, which applies to all products purchased through our website. No quibble, your comfort is our promise. Simply return your item for a refund within 90 days of purchase. Please use the Returns label enclosed with your invoice. A fee of £2.50 (in the UK) or 5 € (Republic of Ireland) or 10 € (Rest of EU)will be deducted from your refund to cover the cost of the returns postage to us when using our pre-paid services. Please note that we will not pay the cost of returning goods for orders dispatched using our International Delivery Services, this is the responsibility of the Customer. For UK orders only, you may also exchange any item within 90 days of purchase for an alternative, in which case you will not be charged for any additional postage. Further information on how to return your goods can be found on our ‘100% Happy Promise’ page or in our FAQs.
Our liability to you
We are not responsible for any cost, loss or damage that you suffer or incur that:
- Is a result of a virus or other malware contained on the website.
- Arises as a result of a breach of these terms by a third party.
- Is not a reasonably foreseeable direct consequence of our breach of these terms. Something is reasonably foreseeable if it was obvious at the time the contract was formed or we both knew that it might happen.
- Is suffered or incurred by your business.
- Arises as a result of your failure to take reasonable care of the goods in line with our, or the manufacturer’s, instructions or recommendations.
- Arises out of a website or resource accessible via the website, but otherwise provided by a third party, and the use of such website or resource may be subject to additional terms and conditions.
- Death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- Our fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- Any other loss that cannot by law be excluded or limited.
If you wish to complain about the goods you have received, or have any other issue with our performance of the contract, you should first contact our customer service team - please see the ‘Contact Us’ page for how you can do this. We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may submit it to the online dispute resolution platform of the European Union by visiting the following website: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. You may also take any other legal proceedings that you see fit to take.
These terms, their subject matter and their formation, are governed by English law, and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any claim or dispute arising under, or in connection with, these terms except that, if you are resident in Scotland, you may bring proceedings in Scotland, and if you are resident in Northern Ireland, you may bring proceedings in Northern Ireland.
UK Competition terms
- Competitions are open to UK residents, aged 18 years or over.
- No purchase is necessary.
- Employees of Beaconsfield Footwear Limited and their families are excluded.The winners will be drawn at random from the valid entries received by us.
- Entry is strictly limited to one entry per person.
- The winners will be notified by email within 28 days after the competition has closed. The notification will include details on how the prize can be claimed.
- The winners of the prizes draw will receive the prize stated.
- There is no cash alternative to the stated prizes.
- These prizes must be won.
- The judge's decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The promoter is Hotter Comfort Concept - Hotter Comfort Concept, Beaconsfield Footwear Ltd, 2 Peel Road, West Pimbo, Skelmersdale, Lancashire, WN8 9PT
- Hotter reserve the right to feature photographs, names and locations of prize winners in future promotions.
Model cancellation form
If you would like to cancel an order, you may (but do not have to) use the following form as a template for your notification: TO: Beaconsfield Footwear Limited (t/a Hotter), 2 Peel Road, West Pimbo, Skelmersdale, WN8 9PT, United Kingdom I/We [*] hereby give notice that I/We [*] cancel my/our [*] contract of sale for the following goods [*]/for the supply of the following service [*], [insert list of goods/service ordered]. Ordered on [*]/received on [*], [insert date] [Insert name of consumer(s)] [Insert address of consumer(s)] [(only if notified on paper) Signature of consumer(s] [Insert date] [*] = Delete as appropriate